questions about panelview and versaview HMI's

electric101

First of all i just took over support of a large operation and they use alot of different AB HMI's ... the regional mgr wants me to upgrade firmware and make some changes to the interface. I've done alot with some proprietary HMI's but i dont know alot about allen bradleys.
so first of all can i make changes to versaview 1500P, panelview plus 1000, and panelview 550 using panelbuilder32?
or do i need a different application for each?

the 550 are smaller lower quality units but the panelview plus 1000 and the versa view 1500P look about the same just glancing from the outside.... but from what i've read the versa view is actually a PC correct?

any info that could be helpful would be appreciated.

if you not have basic knowledge AB HMI and not have Rockwell TECH connect contract,

this will invite disaster

PanelBuilder 32 is for standard PanelViews, not PV+. For that you need Factory Talk ME....can be a can-o-worms as the Windows 32 - 64 bit transition is painful, especially if your applications are older. Google, and search the forums.

Versaview is a PC correct, you'll have to figure out what software it's running. Probably RSView 32, but could be FT View SE, OR something completely different.

You have alot of homework to do before you touch anything. Inventory everything you have, contact your Rockewll vendor to guide you on what software you need and what training you need.