Wish you knew Allen-Bradley PACs?

I'm trying to gather information from people interested in learning to program Allen-Bradley PLCs?

For what purpose?

The first three questions have absolutely nothing to do with PLC's.

Hey Mickey, thanks for the response. I'm trying to create a business for training automation engineers. I want to provide useful and valuable resources. So I want to hear from beginners or people trying to get into Allen-Bradley PLCs on what would be valuable.

I believe Q1 is no longer politically correct :whistle:

So I want to hear from beginners or people trying to get into Allen-Bradley PLCs on what would be valuable.

As a beginner the most valuable thing for me was to program something tangible, so I could make changes and see the results. Some people learn well from text and examples, but for guys like me; I learn from doing.

Personally I don't find any value in surveys like that. I normally take a course with the competition from time to time. What I liked about it, I try to integrate in my courses. What stinks I try to avoid in mine. It helps me to improve my courses every time again. After 22 years I still keep finding room for improvement. I strongly believe I will continue to find it however long I'll remain in this business.

Wrong questions

Your survey is geared toward people that are beginners. You asked for feedback here on what people want. If they don't know PLC's how do they know what they need??? Asking here could have got you more answers of advice because most of us have done many types of PLC's but question 4.limits that answer so I stopped.
My recommendation!!! Hands on, Hands on, and more hands on. Also have coffee on hand because somethings CAN get boring. When I taught class one of the worst things was when someone was dozing in class that means I did not do my job. One time teaching a class I looked over and a student was falling asleep, I looked over at his boss and he was too. I made sure I changed things around after that.

Standing desks for students, that way, they can't fall asleep. However, I been known to fall asleep on my feet before.