idec micro1 help

neyguy38

hi my name is kyle

i just acquired an idec micro 1 plc for free. i know it is way old and out of date but i took it for testing purposes and learning of course. i am trying to make a cable to communicate with it from my laptop. it uses ttl signal i believe and was wondering if i can use a raspberry pi usb to ttl cable and put a rj9 connector on the end with out the power contacts attached as 12v runs out of the connector on the plc and will reverse feed into the usb port and possibly fry the micro-controller on the usb connector for the raspberry pi. i wonder if it will work considering the plc only has 12+, txd, rxd, and gnd. anyone have any advise

Last edited:
I saw that thread but it is over 7 years old.so all the sites are shot.and they didn't have the usb adapters we have today. That's why I am starting a new thread to use some new tech.

Last edited:
why not just buy a MAX232 chip, an RJ11 connector and a DB9 connector and build your own. Here is a link to the wiring schematic.

Looks like they are using a MAX202 on that drawing, we use a MAX232, they use different capacitors: 1.0uF instead of 0.1uf

neyguy38, Send me a email... I give discounts to plctalk.net members so I can help a little