O.T. AB servo motor encoder question

bigbuckaroo

I have a machine with an existing Allen Bradley MP series small frame brushless servo motor full catlog # MPL-A330P-SJ22AA. I have on the shelf a motor with the catalog # of MPL-A330P-HJ22AA. The manual states the S is for a single turn high resolution encoder and the H is a 2000 line encoder. Since I am not a servo guy can someone explain the difference in encoders and also tell me are they interchangeable? Thanks, Tom

Similar Topics

Is it possible to skip Mitsubishi servo amplifier (JE or J4), and use Mitsubishi (in this case L-series) PLC to count encoder pulses from servo...
Replies
Views
I have an AB MPL-320H-H servo motor being driven by an AB Ultra 3000 drive. The motor is directly coupled to a ball screw that moves a linear...
Replies
Views
Good Morning: Our company as a Miic Tube bender, dated 1991, which has several Omron Servo Motors. One of these, a R88M-H50030, 500 watt unit has...
Replies
Views
I am working on a demo unit, which has a Y-1002-1-H00AA Servo Motor. The demo unit originally had a Ultra drive 1398-DDM-005 controlling the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New here and new all round to PLC`s. We have a servo drive that runs a cross travel beam backwards and forwards. I am having trouble with...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom