Siemens & Burkert Valve Manifolds

rtgibson

Hi - I have a project that's my first foray into using the ET200S with Burkert valve manifolds......

I have a 16 valve manifold (populated with 13 3/2 type valves), my first question is that when I'm adding them to my hardware config (S7 classic) I only have the options (GSD) to add them in clumps of 4 valves (4DO), 3 valves (4DO) or 2 valves (2DO). So because I don't seem to be able to add 13 valves individually I've done the following:-

4 Valves (Q Address 9.0)
4 Valves (Q Address 10.0)
3 Valves (Q Address 11.0)
2 Valves (Q Address 12.0)

Is that the right way to go about it ?

If it is bearing in mind the HW config has assigned the Q address, if I want to address the first 4 valves are the addresses Q9.0, Q9.1, Q9.2 & Q9.3 respectively i.e. are Q9.4, Q9.5, Q9.6 & Q9.7 abandoned/not used by me ?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Russ

I dont know the Bürkert valve system, but the GSD files usually reflect what is possible to put together in the hardware. Personally, I would prefer to use a number of identical types of modules, say 5 times 4DO. You then have 20 DO even if you only need 17, but that is preferable over having to stock too many types of modules.

If it is bearing in mind the HW config has assigned the Q address, if I want to address the first 4 valves are the addresses Q9.0, Q9.1, Q9.2 & Q9.3 respectively i.e. are Q9.4, Q9.5, Q9.6 & Q9.7 abandoned/not used by me ?
Typically, if there are identical types of IO modules neigbouring each other, and they each occupy less than 1 byte per module, you can sgueze the addresses together in whole bytes by using the "pack addresses" function in the HW Configuration.