FT View Questions

Durango53

Wondering if I can get some help on a simple color change?
I am wanting to do some color change on the system seconds of FactoryTalk View Studio. I am using the system\Second tag and want to turn an arrow green on seconds 1,11,21,31,41,51. I used a system\Second = 1 which works for second 1 but cant get the right wording to make it work for the other seconds. Thanks all.

I am not exactly sure I understand exactly what you are wanting to do but under global connections you can setup a macro to pull data from the PLC.

I also wonder if just a multi state indicator is what your after. trigger each state for a different color from a plc tag?

I can do a tag from the PLC and right now where I will go. I was just wanting to use the second tag from the View instead of making a new one.
The two routes I was thinking about was
system\Second = 1 or 11 or 21 or 31 or 41
which View will accept this statement but will only change color at the one second mark.
The second attempt I made was
system\Second =1 or system\Second = 11 ....
Here I get expression errors when I do that.
Hope that clears it up some. Just hoping to use the View tags instead of making PLC tags only really.

Not sure if it's your problem or not - but you need system\Second == 1 (double equals).

Also try putting each expression in brackets: (system\Second ==1) or (system\Second == 11) ....

You want to trigger every 10 seconds, right?
if (system\second % 10) = 1 then 1 else 0

More better is to use the following
if (system\second % 10) > 7 then 1 else 0

The first expression works, most of the time. But if the expression/macro misses exactly at 1 second (or multiples of 10) then it will not work (turn your arrow green).

The second expression gives you the best chance of having a zero to one transition every 10 seconds. And it will hold it green for 1 - 2 seconds.