Pruduced and Consumed Tags In An Array

Richjr

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was unable to find an answer while searching, so I decided to start a new thread.

I'm in the process of creating produced and consumed tags over Ethernet to start a process from a Control Logix processor (producer) to a Compact Logix processor (consumer). My question is regarding creating produced/consumed tags using a DINT array. On the consumer side, what would I put in the "remote data" for the tag name, Purge_HMI_PB or Purge_HMI_PB[16]?

Thank you in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Let's take a step back and look at the whole picture, I think that'll help you understand the best...

Let me assume for a moment that your DINT array has 100 elements. So your Produced Tag in the ControlLogix is Purge_HMI_PB, which is of the data type DINT[100]. Purge_HMI_PB[16] is just one element of that array, that is to say, one element of your Produced Tag.

Your consumed tag, in the CompactLogix is called, say Remote_Data, and must be the same data type as the produced tag. So Remote_Data must also have the data type DINT[100].

From here, you can probably see where I'm going with this. Your produced tag in the ControlLogix is Purge_HMI_PB, so the "Remote Data" in your consumed tag setup must be Purge_HMI_PB. Purge_HMI_PB[16] is again, just one element of your produced tag, and it will be copied to your consumed tag in the same position (i.e. Remote_Data[16]).

Make sense?

Last edited:
That definitely helped me understand it much better. I am still in the early stages of programming and loving it, but I definitely need guidance. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it, rather than just giving me the answer.