Controllogix ASCII Ethernet information pannel

stokke93

Hi Guys,

I am trying to replace an old BCD pannel....

I've recieved an offer for a WICOM1 information pannel.
he dealer specifies that the new pannel uses ethernet TCP/IP and that it uses a HEX table in manner to select which nummeric value to update..
There are 5 nummeric values on the pannel, and the distributor gave me this list... it did not give me mutch but maybe a couple of PLC masterminds could give me a slightly better lead....

I am sertain that the manual does not give me the information i need to set up a ethernet pannel...

Thnx for any leads..
and yes, sorry for my English

Which exact model of ControlLogix are you using ?

If you have a modern unit with the 1756-EN2T Ethernet module, or a modern CompactLogix, you can send "generic ASCII" strings using the Raw Sockets method.

If you don't have an Ethernet interface that supports the Raw Sockets feature, you would need an older 1756-EWEB, or a third-party interface.

Some HMI devices can be programmed to send out ASCII strings over Etherner in conjunction with their HMI tasks. Red Lion G3 and DataStation devices are especially good at this.

1756-L64 Processor, Rev 16,002
1756-EWEB/A Ethernet Card.

The PLC is the "brain" translating data back and forth through two PLC5/40E processors
and then to a Oracle server.