I know this isn't a "Help Wanted" or "Positions Available" forum . . .

RoTaTech

I know this isn't a "Help Wanted" or "Positions Available" forum . . .

but I'm sure some of us are flexible and looking for more work.

I need a strong Siemens S7 PLC PRogrammer for a 12 month assignment in North Carolina with 4-5 week training in Canada to begin with. The project is production support in the Pharma industry.

I'm also looking for someone to do a S7 job programming a printing line. There is a similar machine I am retrofitting, and trying to make them as identical as possible. The software work can me done off-site and then would require commissioning in northern England in early January.

Wow early January for North England is a pretty tight schedule, any idea if permits or authorization is required to do the contract work in the UK?

Britain is a lot more amenable to workers

than the USA. I had some hoops to jump to get my TN visa for the US. I went to UK for two weeks for work meetings, told the immigration officer so, and there were no further questions.

(In my original post: . . . can *be done off-site . . . The perils of touch-screen typing on a tiny telephone.)

Last edited:
Can you be more specific about Nothern England i.e. which town/city?

PM me if you do not want to to publish such detail.

Job is in

Newcastle.

There is an existing machine running on a S7-300, with Danfoss drives for the presses. I am hoping to make the second machine as nearly identical as possible to make the programming a doddle. I will send you my skype handle to converse, if you have one as well.

I'm not really looking for additional work just now but if you don't manage to sort anything out I may be able to help or at least assist in some way. Good luck!