RSLinx wont connect to PFlex Drives

I tried to go online with a PF700 drive from Connected Components Workbench via Ethernet, said it could not connect. I have had this problem before and I had to delete Harmony files and that fixed the problem but not this time. I went back to RSLinx and tried to get device properties and it also said it would not connect. RSLinx sees the drive in the tree, proper EDS files are installed, no red X's. I checked other drives and they all seem to do the same thing, but my PLCs and Flex I/O adapters all connect with the device properties just fine so it must only be something with the drives. The PLCs that control these drives are controlling them just fine, so I wonder if it is something with my PC that is the issue. I can ping the drives with no problem so there is a network connection.

I am using Windows 7 (64-bit)and RSLinx Classic OEM.

What have I overlooked in my setup that may be an issue? As I said I did the Harmony deletion and used CCleaner, followed by reboot of computer.

You may consider looking at the Rockwell Compatibility and Downloads site and see if the Firmware in your drive and your version of CCW is compatible.

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/global/support/pcdc.page

I have also seen CCW do some weird stuff that required a reinstall. If you are not running the latest version of CCW which is 8 IIRC that may be a step in the right direction also.

IMHO CCW is still a very young and fragile product which is why I still do all the drive stuff that I can in Drive Executive.

I agree on the the version issue with CCW, I already updated to version 8 on Fri.

But I do think it is a RSLinx and/or 20-comm-e problem as it will not bring up the device properties from the drives when in RSWho. Some of the drives it will (753s) but none of the 700s, 755s or some of the 753s. I have not gone around to every drive yet to verify which drives are using adapter cards(all of the 700s I know) and which ones are using embedded ports.

Are you using a 20-COMM-E on the 753's? If so and any of those are working compare your 20-COMM-E firmware in the 700's to the 753's.

I would also make sure you are running the latest version of Linx with CCW 8.

You also may want to disable linx as a service. I have seen CCW have issues if linx was already running in the background because CCW like to start it for some reason. I may be worth a try disable as a service and reboot then try CCW.

Update: The drives I am not able to get on have 20-comm-e with Firmware 4.002. The ones I have been able to get on have 4.001, 5.002, or are embedded. Looks like I will need to flash the firmware to 5.002 all around when we are not running production.

Mark if you have the ability to run a VM virtual machine it may be worth installing the latest CCW and Linx only with no other warez and see if that resolves the issue.

I run CCW in it's own VM as I have seen it have issues with other software more specific having issues with other installed Rockwell software.