Fanuc CIP and SNN

BeachStrat

I have an E THERNET-SAFETYMODULE setup for a fanuc safety over ethernet robot. I get a Module Fault of "(Code 16#080f) Configuration operation not allowed error". I can't seem to find much on this error code.

We had this setup working at the shop,with an IP for the robot at 10.18.4.45 and PLC 10.18.4.42. We moved on-site and changed the IP addresses to 10.80.205.143 for the PLC and 10.80.205.144 for the Robot. That is when the problem came up. When I try to reset ownership, I get a "Device not Found".

I can't set the SNN and not sure what to do. I put all the ip addresses back to the original (from the shop) and it works and communicates fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to reset ownership on the safety tab. If you are getting error then try to inhibit connection first.

Did you try to inhibit the connection first?

You must reset ownership on Fanuc controller because it remembers the current owner and will not let you set a different connection because IP addresses are part of it.

Thanks for the replies.
Are you referring to the CCR and CCL bits? Configuration Change Latch and Reset? I have my robot tech looking at that now to try reset the configuration, hopefully.

I am not familiar with Fanuc specifically, but in Guardlogix, there is an "Inhibit" check box, that you should set first.

Well, we figured it out. We had to go into the Fanuc controller and into the I/O and Ethernet IP. Then turn the connection to False. This should set the SNN to F's in the robot. Then you can set from the PLC. Then it should work

Thanks for all the replies! I'm just glad it is communicating

Same error code 16#080f configuration operation not allowed
However different solution - (In the robot controller) safety was setup to port 2 and not port 1 as was expecting.

The error code 16#080f on an E THERNET-SAFETYMODULE indicates a configuration operation not allowed error. This error can occur if the safety module is not configured properly or if there is an issue with the network configuration.

It seems that changing the IP addresses may have caused the issue. When you change the IP addresses, you need to make sure that all the devices on the network are updated accordingly, including the safety module, the robot, and the PLC. If the safety module is not able to find the devices with the new IP addresses, it may generate errors.

It's also possible that the ownership of the safety module is not set properly. The ownership determines which device has control over the safety module, and it needs to be set correctly for the safety module to function properly.

To resolve the issue, you can try the following:

Make sure all the devices on the network have the correct IP addresses and are configured properly.

Check the ownership of the safety module and make sure it is set correctly.

If the issue persists, try resetting the safety module to its default settings and reconfiguring it from scratch.