motor and conveyor

Omar A

Hi There ,

I have a project in my college to detect products' color and refuse the one that i don't need and then sorting the accepted products

i will use a conveyor but i didn't choose its type yet .

but i want know what affect the selection of the type of the motor regardless to the type of conveyor , can any help ?

Three major considerations:

Startup load, i.e how much energy to start the conveyor moving. Acceleration is your friend here, you need a bigger motor to start the same conveyor in 2 minutes instead of 5 minutes.

Running load, keeping the conveyor moving. This is the main consideration, make sure to account for the maximum loading on the conveyor, and enough margin for the objects dragging against the guide rails.

Service life. General rule is that the lower the % of the load on the motor the longer the service life.

Then the usual size, cost and weight.

The details get more complex, but that is where you start.