PLC Panel

amhd90

Hello,

How to make my own PLC trainer if I had a plc with wirings, and I need to do one, is their any tutorials on it ?
And how can I use auto cad electrical to draw PLC panel cad ? I searched for tutorials about both of them and never find some. Thanks.

But he didn't show us how he made schematics, I am not familiar with electrical CAD, I am familiar with the regular architecture CAD only.

very easy,

if you not familiar with AutoCAD you can hire somebody to do for you,

for the mechanical part you can order from mechanical workshop.

What is it that you're trying to find out about PLC panels? Are you looking for a schematic? Because every panel is unique, but you can find your PLC schematic using the Googles. Or are you just inquiring about good practices when building?

Google is going to be your friend here. look up the manual for your specific controller, relays etc. to get a wiring schematic. Every panel is different. On top of that, you're going to need to be quite familiar with electricity and you will understand how to wire up a majority of it. Otherwise you risk injury, equipment damage, etc.

As far as good practices, look up the threads on google about fusing inputs/outputs (that's an interesting read), interposing relays, which power supply to choose, and which to stay away from and then come back and ask specific questions and you'll get better directed answers. A lot of people have spent time answering these questions already and they're pretty easily found with a little effort on your part.

So after a long day with google (my nerd friend), I have made the following conclusion:
1- A PLC panel, is a non-conductive board, that is divided to multiple racks, where:
2- the first is for power supply equipment,
3- the second for sensors, relays, and other I/O equipment,
4- and the final rack is for his Hines, the mighty PLC, and then we have the wiring, that goes to HMI/SCADA and action buttons on the front part of the panel, and other wiring that goes to the mechanical machine.
5- A panel is the main container of machine brain where we can re-program, edit logic, fix hardware problems and control and supervise the industrial process with HMI or SCADA system.
If what I said is true just say YES, and if not, please correct me, so we can close this thread for ever.
And thanks to all of you guys.

Last edited:
So after a long day with google (my nerd friend), I have made the following conclusion:
1- A PLC panel, is a non-conductive board, that is divided to multiple racks, where:
2- the first is for power supply equipment,
3- the second for sensors, relays, and other I/O equipment,
4- and the final rack is for his Hines, the mighty PLC, and then we have the wiring, that goes to HMI/SCADA and action buttons on the front part of the panel, and other wiring that goes to the mechanical machine.
5- A panel is the main container of machine brain where we can re-program, edit logic, fix hardware problems and control and supervise the industrial process with HMI or SCADA system.
If what I said is true just say YES, and if not, please correct me, so we can close this thread for ever.
And thanks to all of you guys.

I think some of your terminology is misleading? A panel usually houses a Plc. A PLC Rack (or chassis, or backplane as its called) goes in a panel and houses the different parts to a Plc. And the rack/backplane/chassis is conductive. It connects all the different cards. I/O varries but the power supply and processor are first (atleast in AB). Again calling it a panel/rack interchangeably is misleading. There could be many "panels" all doing something different to control a machine, but not have a Plc in them. Maybe it's wiring connecting your hmi to your Plc, but most likely it's an Ethernet/serial etc cable.

I take it this is a homework assignment? Maybe I've missed them before, but there sure seem to be a lot of these questions coming in lately