SD card fault dump with L75 controller ...

Ron Beaufort

Lifetime Supporting Member
Quick question ... I have a 1756-L75 processor - Firmware Rev. 20.15 - with an SD card installed ...

reading in the user manual I see this notice ...

It is recommended that you leave the SD card in the controller, even when it is
not used. If the controller experiences a Major nonrecoverable Fault, extended
fault information is saved to the card.

has anyone ever used this feature? ... I instigated a watchdog fault - and had hoped to see the fault information on the SD card when I read it with an SD card reader ... I haven't been able to see anything recorded ...

any suggestions would be appreciated ...

thanks ...

Last edited:
The only faults that leave Fault Log on SD are Type 01 Code 61 or Type 1 Code 62 known as a "Memory Loss".

thank you for that information, Contr_Conn ... I couldn't find anything that specific in the Knowledgebase ...

I appreciate the help ...