COM: Unspecified error

todd066

I have a program that writes numeric inputs to the PLC. The program will not write the first 8 - 12 tags but then writes the rest of them (about 200). I am using the downloadAll command in RSView32 to perform this function. If I continue to run the download all, the information will eventually get into the PLC. Also, if I go to each numeric input and press enter the information is written. I get the errors: Can't write to tag XYZ followed by COM: unspecified error. Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the thread did not apply. The issue is that I have other computer/PLC combinations that are running the same code without issue. This one is just acting funny. I ended up changing the button to set the focus on the offending information on the HMI and downloading that number and then incrementing to the next number. It is a brute force method, but it worked. Still would like to know that the actual fix is if you have any ideas.