Reading a word in an FB written in SCL and getting the bits

userxyz

Hello,

I need to know how to covert a Word red with an Input Parameter in a FB made in SCL. How can I get all the bits in that word ?
Can I read the seperate bits from a word in an HMI Panel (Comfort Panel).

Everything in Tia Portal

Kind regards,
C

Hello,

I need to know how to covert a Word red with an Input Parameter in a FB made in SCL. How can I get all the bits in that word ?

Everything in Tia Portal

Kind regards,
C

What PLC is it?

You would do it the same as you would have in Simatic Manager, I would assume.

The easiest way to do it is to simply have the HMI look at the Instance DB and read the values directly.

However, I would recommend creating a separate structure with all the HMI relevant tags for the FB, especially if the HMI needs to write anything,