A little off topic ...sort of

LOL,

That's an oldie but it's still hilarious.

When I used to work for a Rockwell distributor I sometimes played that at the beginning of a technical presentation and watched the audiences expressions. I swear that some people I could see nodding in agreement.

grs

Do you, or any one else, know the hostory behind this piece? Did AB sanction it as ice-breaker? Did someone do it on the sly? The enquiring mind wants to know.

The good folks at Milford Trunnions swear by it.

That's a DeviceNet MCC from the 1997 Automation Fair, and the filming took place at RA Studios in Mayfield Heights. I use that video as an ice-breaker in a lot of technical seminars when I know I'm going to be tossing around jargon and acronyms for a few hours.

I wonder what the A-D forum thought of it....

I dont get it. I searched the web, checked my dictionary, and tecnical glossarys etc.. and I just cant find any of these terms??? What gives???

Ha Ha Ha.. At least Rockwell seems to have a good sense of humor....

One of my guys recently pulled this kind of stuff on one of my customers with a very streight face. He took the bait and called me. I had no idea what he was talking about until he told me the techs name. I then had to explain very carefully that the tech was pulling his leg. This guy had nooooo sense of humor. Actually the joke was supposed to be on me, (very successful). As it turns out the field guys got togeather and conjoured this up over coffee, knowing that I would be stuck on the phone with this guy for an hour or so. I've been looking for a payback, and now maybe I've got it...Thanks Bob!

Mike.

It was posted at the AD forum all in good fun. So far no one has said anything negative about it in any sort of way. I think we are all smart enough to figure out that RA made it as an ice breaker.

I can't figure out how the guy managed to do the piece without busting a smile... Not sure I could have done it in one continous take.

Not sure I could have done it in one continous take.

I'm willing to bet the presenter didn't have any tech experience at all or he wouldn't have been able to do it. lolis

Reminds me of the time it took me 2 days to find a loose wire on the HMI panel on a B&R. The explanation went along the lines of...inverted status flag bit that was sync'd to the binary stage readout..yada yada yada. Non tech supervisor helped me get out of that one.

Bob