Siemens Help

Outlaw10801

All,

I have an issue with a Simatic OP170B not talking to the S7 plc. WHhen i start the HMI up it tells me "Connection disconnect: Steuerung 1, Station 2, Rack 0, Slot 2". I am not sure what this means exactly i have never worked with this stuff before. I have only worked with AB. Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

All,

I have an issue with a Simatic OP170B not talking to the S7 plc. When i start the HMI up it tells me "Connection disconnect: Steuerung 1, Station 2, Rack 0, Slot 2". I am not sure what this means exactly i have never worked with this stuff before. I have only worked with AB. Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Basically, that error message means that the HMI can't connect to the PLC.

Is anything else on the network communicating?

The hmi is the only thing that is communicating on the system. The problem started when another tech plugge the cable in to his computer to try and get online. As soon as he plugged it in the hmi stopped talking. I went through all of the connections and cable and they look good no damaged or loose wires.

Is the tech still connected? I assume this is a Profibus network? Anything RS485 based doesn't like star topologies.

What speed are you running at?

Hi

Sorry but I did see this before I guy I was working with did the same
Any nothing else.
We ended up changing the screen out for new one

Donnchadh

Also check the bus terminating resistors, which are usually integrated in the Profibus connectors. Both ends of the Profibus network must be terminated (terminating switch on).
Maybe when he has connected to the network, he has touched the switches, or the contacts are a bit loose.

The port is most likely "fried".
Seen it a couple times so far, same situation.
Go through the check list as suggested, connectors, cables, teminating resistors just to rule out the above.
Replace the HMI with a spare if you have one handy.