Modicon Concept & Timers

jimdi4

New to Modicon & Concept & just need some timer help..Have used AB allot...

How do I enter timer time value?

How do i use the Timer timing bit?

How do I use the timer done bit?

How is the timer addressed..through variables?
:rolleyes:

Is there someone or someplace just to get some sample code to look at just to get the hang of things?

Last edited:
Concept

Before I can provide exact details I need to know which language you are using.

It sounds like you are trying to use a timer in a 984LL section. Timer preset value is either a fixed integer or a variable. The accumulated time is always a variable. The are no bits associated with 984LL timers, instead there are output pins. The top right pin is "ON = accumulated time = timer preset" and the bottom right pin is "ON = accumulated time < timer preset".

But in general the Help On Type button in Concept is very good at detailing the commands as well as providing examples. You can get to this help button when you open the pick menu for FFB (functions blocks) Selection in IEC languages or Instruction Selection in 984LL.

Thanks Jim for your reply.

I got my answer by working through it with a distributor

BTW...I am using LD ladder diagram.

And the "Help" in Concept on doing what I wanted to do was not very helpful! :p