Somebody give me something to do! Modicon, SCADA PACK

Jameschoo

So I am supposed to learn all I can about all the different PLCs, HMIs, etc we have at work. I've never used Modicon or SCADApack systems before. I've pretty much exclusively worked on Micrologix and SLCs.
Staring at tutorials is getting a little tiring and I'm really not absorbing much.
Any body want to give me a narrative for a program. I've got a realworld Modicon 340 with a about 8 di and 8dos and a networking module (I really don't know much about networking) or a couple of SCADApack32s. Got some HMI software somewhere. Can I design yousomething?

Give this a try...
The widget maker main drive motor is started and stopped by buttons on the HMI.

The HMI displays the run time in hours since the machine was last started, and also the number of hours that the machine has run in total.

Because this is the Ultra 6204 widget maker, it requires regular lubrication.

The lube pump must start within 30 seconds of the machine starting, and run for 10 seconds.

After the initial startup, the lube pump will run for 5 seconds every 2 minutes.

If the lube pump pressure switch does not get made within 3 minutes while the machine is running, the machine shuts down, and displays a lube pump failure warning displays on the HMI.

You can use any kind of manual switch to simulate the lube pressure switch in order to see if your logic functions as intended.

Will.