Kinco, samkoon, weintek

don2405

Hi all,
I am looking for a low cost HMI.
What are your views/ opinions on KINCO, WEINTEK and SAMKOON?

Are they reliable and worth the money spent?

Kinco , weintek, samkoon

Sorry for been vague.
I was referring to touchscreen hmi panels.
I have seen these "cheaper" ones on the market ( Samkoon, Weintek, Kinco) and wanted to know if they are any good?

I have had good luck with Maple Systems HMI's. They are a standard Weintek HMI that has been re-labeled. I have used them since 2010 with no failures. I use those because their tech support is much better than Weintek here.

Hi all,
I am looking for a low cost HMI.
What are your views/ opinions on KINCO, WEINTEK and SAMKOON?

Are they reliable and worth the money spent?
Never heard or worked with the Kinco/Samkoon but have used a few Weinteks.
Never had a failure so far and the price is just right.

We are selling Weintek and have had very good feed back, I have not played with them enough with them but they look nice.

http://www.plccable.com/weintek-hmis/

You maybe able to find a local dealer... if not make sure you dont get one that will only work with Chinese software (unless you know how to read Chinese)

10" color ethernet HMI for 550.00 is hard to beat

I had never heard of weintek. Most of my experience has been limited to Red Lion and Panel views. It looks like they offer a free programing software called easy builder pro? Is that what most people use, or would this be a good candidate for AdvancedHMI?

I had never heard of weintek. Most of my experience has been limited to Red Lion and Panel views. It looks like they offer a free programing software called easy builder pro? Is that what most people use, or would this be a good candidate for AdvancedHMI?
The Weintek HMI's only support Easybuilder. There are no Windows based versions. Considering your location I would suggest Maple Systems. It's the same hardware and they are located in Seattle.

Maple Systems private labels Weintek products.
They have FANTASTIC support, examples using EasyBuilder software are a great resource. Highly recommended.
If you are looking for less expensive products then good luck, you are kidding yourself!!
Great product, great price, great support, great software! What more do you want!

Cheap s**t with cheap price, no support, crappy software?
YOUR CHOICE.

Is the Weintek sold on eBAy any good or just as good?

I was wondering the same thing. I've had good luck with a couple of Allen Bradley items bought from China that were much cheaper, and I hear others had too. I came to realize that they are selling them cheaper because they are distributed cheaper in China because all of the competition over there. Who ever is selling it on Ebay is probably violating their distributor agreement though.

I'm not trying to start the debate of free/paid for software, as I understand the argument for both, and im not trying to debate whether circumventing your local distributor is right or wrong, but sometimes budgets are budgets. Obviously no one wants a piece of s**t, and there's always a different level of need for every project, so you do what you can (Legally of course). But you're always rolling the dice when you buy something "used".

Is the software for the Weintek and Maple free? I remember looking at maple a while ago, and their software was around 1200$ ish but I could be mistaken. I ended up going with Red Lion for a number of different reasons, but am curious about the software

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. I've had good luck with a couple of Allen Bradley items bought from China that were much cheaper, and I hear others had too. I came to realize that they are selling them cheaper because they are distributed cheaper in China because all of the competition over there. Who ever is selling it on Ebay is probably violating their distributor agreement though.

I'm not trying to start the debate of free/paid for software, as I understand the argument for both, and im not trying to debate whether circumventing your local distributor is right or wrong, but sometimes budgets are budgets. Obviously no one wants a piece of s**t, and there's always a different level of need for every project, so you do what you can (Legally of course). But you're always rolling the dice when you buy something "used".

Is the software for the Weintek and Maple free? I remember looking at maple a while ago, and their software was around 1200$ ish but I could be mistaken. I ended up going with Red Lion for a number of different reasons, but am curious about the software
Where did you come up with that price?? It sounds like something from A-B!!
When I bought EZware back in 2009 it was $75 for the CDROM. It is still the same price today on the Maple Systems website. The Weintek version is a free download.