Looking for HMI to draw graph

gbeaker

I have 50 points stored in my plc that I want to graph on the screen. Do any popular HMI's come with a good graph object? I tried using an Automation Direct C9 but the graph object has a built in historian that has a minimum update rate of 1 second. This means it takes 30seconds just to draw the graph!

Cost is a factor so I'd like to stay away from AB.

Hi!

As in X-Y graph?

Beijer iX (or even E-terminal) works pretty good. I have also been able to get it to work in Siemens, but it is quite slow as well.

Red Lions do this well with what they call a scatter graph object. Depending on how you connect to the PLC you may be able to test it with real data in the emulator built into the free software without spending anything up front.

Hi,

It depends if the graph is a trend chart or an X/Y chart. Trend charts are historical, normally based on a value(s) against time. X/Y are normally values against a scale.

PeakHMI has both types of graphs.

The PanelView Plus trend object can be configured in X-Y mode instead of X as Time, but it still runs as a time-based trend so you have to meter the data out to it one increment at a time and I recall that 1 second was about as fast as I could make it go.

The Red Lion scatter plot is the only true X-Y Graph I've seen on an HMI, but I haven't used a lot of other embedded-OS HMIs.