Crimson 3.0 and Red Lion G310 Questions

CJlikesCHAIRS

This is my first time using these two, and I have picked it up fairly well. I don't have much programming experience(very, very little), but I can make things work after playing for a while.

My question is based on RS Logix 5000. I made 3 position selectors to control valves (normally closed valves, with the commands being open/auto/closed). In Logix, I have an INT controller tag in Logix that I use for each. I just the set the value of the INT with the selector in Crimson, then use the corresponding bits to trigger things. (EX. clicking "open" sets the Control_SW INT value to 1, then I use Control_SW.0 to open the valves. Clicking "auto" sets Control_SW valve to 2, then I use Control_SW.1 to set it in auto mode.)

I was wondering if I could do this with BOOL bits instead of INTs? I tried, but for some reason they were all turning on and off super fast and it was weird. I settled for this method to save myself some work, but I am wondering if anyone has done this before here?

Again, sorry if this makes no sense to you experienced guys, I didn't go to school for this but turned out to be good at it so I do minor work for my company.

If you are asking if its possible to setup tags for each bit of the int tag, that is possible.

Int_Tag would come from your PLC, then you could setup tags for each of the bits you want to use.

XIMTgAM.png

That wasn't what I was asking, but I didn't know you could make tags for each bit inside the INT. You just saved me a few hours of work haha. Thanks for that.

I was wondering if it was easier to write the Logix with BOOL bits to control these valves, or if what I'm doing makes sense and isn't a huge waste of time :)

This is what my HMI looks like, a selector and then an indicator next to it to show where the valve is.

"example" is the HMI screen
"controler tags" is what my tag looks like
"rung" is what my rung looks like.

Will this work?

example.jpg controler tags.jpg rung.jpg

Glad I could help even if it wasn't what you were asking xD.

We usually use INT's to pass groups of bits back and forth, but it really depends on what works for your application.

EDIT Yeah the pictures you posted are exactly how I would do it.