Engraved Acrylic Lables

Oceansoul

I wonder if anyone has any experience of making engraved labels.

I'm looking for a machine to produce labels such as in the image below. I think that one is on 6mm acrylic. All i can find on Google are eBay special build at home laser engravers. This is for work (we are adding some gauges to a panel and as such need to make labels. I have a dymo style sticky machine but that's a bit naff), and will be used fairly frequently although not everyday.

full

Here we have found that a local trophy shop is one of the best sources for legend plates. Now if you are a huge organization or you will be making many hundreds of them, it could pay off to have your own machine.

I just make a drawing of what I want and send it or drop it off at the trophy shop and they knock them out for me at a decent price.

A CNC engraver would do the trick.

But I'd steer clear of the lasers since as its tube deteriorates you will find that the cutting depth gets off. Of course you have the same effect with engraver bits wearing out.

Years ago we built our own CNC machine for the electricians to make their own tags with. It worked out really well ("really well" being defined as not bugging me to order tags for them any more).

Murrplastic produce the MVPS-G3 range of plotters for cable , component and panel labels . The pen head can be swapped for an engraving head . Not cheap but does virtually everything for panel builders .
Paul

Cheers guys. Going to try a few small local places. After looking at some of those machines I think it will be a bit expensive for us. Were not panel builders, I work in maintaince. Needing to add a few new gauges hence the new lables.