rtu resolution

keving9

I'm planning on using an RTU to transmit the level on a water tower. The RTU states it has an 8 bit resolution. I want to measure 0-30' by feeding a 4-20 signal into the RTU. Should I be able to get a resolution of approx. 1.5"?(30'x12"/255) I'm just wondering if I am understanding this correctly.
Thanks

Assuming your RTU is using an UNSIGNED 8 bit number, you're right. You'll get a resolution of 30' / 255, which is about 1.4" if my calculator skills are still sharp this time of night.

AK

Similar Topics

Dear All, i am trying to connect Danfoss inverter with s7 200 cpu 226.but microwin shows following error at DATA Ptr.i assigned different VB...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to control a device via MODBUS RTU and the ModbusRtuMasterV2_PcCOM in Twincat 3. I've configured a device with the right com port and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently having trouble getting a speed reference to write over modbus to an Omron M1... I can successfully write a run command and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having an issue with a mircologix not transmitting out. The current setup is a mircologix 1400 connected to a Guardian 100 Radio...
Replies
Views
If a device has Modbus RTU over serial and Modbus RTO over TCP and Modbus TCP then there is a difference between Modbus RTU over TCP vs Modbus TCP...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom