GE QuickPanel+ Graphics Library

jawad rasool

Good Day,

I'm looking for some help regarding exploring Graphics Library in GE Quickpanel + HMI.

I'm working on Proficy Machine Edition Version 8.6 trying to make Vessals and Valves with 3D Effects.
I am unable to find any Symbol Factory as available in FactoryTalk ME or Schneider Vijeo Designer HMI.

I've also tried to access ToolChest but it pops out an error message "Cannot creat file : Access is Denied".

If anyone have experience with GE QP+, please help me out.

I am looking for answers too, about QuickPanel+; i hope we are not the
only two here.

The route you looking, on my PC, using Windows 7 and PME 8.6 is:

C:\Program Files\Proficy\Proficy Machine Edition\fxView\Symbols

There is no much usefull symbols about valves; good look.

TIP: Use the "Picture Browser" for image preview, on Navigator window from
Machine Edition enviroment, Utilities tab.

Good luck finding 3D graphics there, this is called a "QuickPanel" because it is "Quick" and "quick" to build an HMI with, its not "Flashy".
If you want flashy graphics buy one of the "Symbol Factory" products or buy "Symbol Factory" and add it to the library.

It is capable even capable of using "Smart Objects" but you will need to build your own for some odd reason GE does not supply them with this product. However I have seen people use the library that comes with iFix and Cimplicity HMI SCADA products.

Last edited:
I am looking for answers too, about QuickPanel+; i hope we are not the
only two here.

The route you looking, on my PC, using Windows 7 and PME 8.6 is:

C:\Program Files\Proficy\Proficy Machine Edition\fxView\Symbols

There is no much usefull symbols about valves; good look.

TIP: Use the "Picture Browser" for image preview, on Navigator window from
Machine Edition enviroment, Utilities tab.

Android94, I've already planned to do so by using image files via "Picture Browser", but this approach may increase the HMI screen size and it will take time while loading/navigating the HMI screens.

RussB, thanks for the pointing out the use of Cimplicity library. I'll try to find a way to import the Cimplicity library to Proficy MAchine Edition.. :)