controllogix 5000 cpu eventlog

thedungbkhn

Hi all,
How I can get the controllogix 5000 cpu eventlog (keyswitch change, download, upload,etc...)? is it created automatically by CPU?
Thanks

I checked this manual but I'm not confident to do this because our plant is running
http://www.e-applied.com.tw/technology/PLC/ControlLogix/Logix5000%20Controllers%20Controller%20Information%20and%20Status%20Programming%20Manual.pdf
We have two CPU run for redundancy system
So in my opinion

step 1: Write cpu event buffer to SD card (our CPU is 1756-L72) using command as per manual.
Question. it will be written to both SD card ( in Primary CPU and secondary CPU), or only primary CPU?
Step 2: Turn off power supply for primary CPU
Step 3: Remove cover and take out SD card
Step 4: insert to laptop and take data
My steps are correct to take cpu events logger?

Some question
1. Can I take out SD card for primary CPU while it is running?
Any problem comes?
2. SD card can insert to laptop (with SD port) without any problem?

Thanks alot

I think you can remove the SD card from the processor while it is running. Just make sure the SD indicator is off. But I'm not sure of the format of the event log.

You should be using "Removable Media Explorer"
It allows to read SD files without removing SD card from the processor.

If there are no Automatic Store operations configured for the SD Card, such as the option to automatically transfer the Event Log from the controller's memory to the card at 80% full, or highly cyclical SSV Messaging to transfer it, then you should be able to remove the SD Card at any time while the controller is in Run Mode.

You could have a controller logging away to its internal buffer and then use a HMI button to execute a manual Store operation to the SD Card. Then remove it for your perusal.

Personally, if the logged events were required to be readily available, I would be more inclined to GSV them into tags and create a log page on a HMI or SCADA to display them.

I do not think that a manual Store operation to one SD Card will execute a similar operation for the redundant controller. But if it was done programmatically, and both controller's project were synchronised, then an automatic Store operation would indirectly execute in tandem, once both controllers are in Run Mode.

Regards,
George