RSlogix 500 no print report option

Thunderbike

good morning. I am currently updating a machine that was built a bazillion yrs ago with an SLC 5/04. It wasn't bad enough to find that the company that built this one off machine (long out of business) put NO descriptions anywhere on the 150+ rungs, but the "print report" option is gray and not functioning. I've tried changing the options, even turning on just one or two, and it is still not alwaying me to use it.Im using a legit purchased version of RSLogix 500 Standard, am I missing something? I would like to print the program so that I can try to work to identify addresses and add descriptions so that I can find the rungs I need to modify, as I don't even have a wiring diagram and there are two racks with 8 slots filled.

Thanks,
brett

Are you on line with the processor while trying to print? I'm pretty sure you can't do that.

I'm pretty sure that Doug-P is right - you must be OFFLINE in order to use the Report/Print feature ...

just a tip:

search DILIGENTLY/DESPERATELY for a backup copy of the RSS file on a floppy disk, etc. ... just to make sure that you realize this: the comments and descriptions MIGHT have indeed been entered - but that type of documentation is NEVER present inside the SLC-500 processor ... if you can find the RSS file, your problems might suddenly become substantially less worrisome ...

also ...

if the program was written about one-and-a-half bazillion years ago, the program file MIGHT have an extension of ACH ... keep your eyes open for that file extension too while you're searching ...

and a LOOOOONG shot: check under "Options" in RSLogix500 and make sure that the rung and instruction comments are actually turned ON ...