Array indexing

MSutton

Hi
Using RSlogix 5000 v13. I need to enter data from a hmi to an array ie StoreBarCode[0] where storebarcode is a string array. The code gets stored to StoreBarCode[0].productid. How can I index the position automatically to store the next data input in StoreBarCode[1] etc.
Thanks

Last edited:
Put a tag in where you have [0], e.g., [index]. Then in the program change the value of index.

It partly depends on the HMI. In some you can set a 'handshake' action. The HMI sets a separate bit in the PLC when the operator presses the Enter key. The control is locked until the PLC sets a second bit to indicate that it received and has processed the information.

The PLC program could use this event to store the entered number in the current indexed position and then add 1 to the index for the next entry. You would probably also need some way to start the index in the PLC at zero, or whatever, to begin the entry sequence.