RSTrend - no more? ... any replacement? ...

Ron Beaufort

Lifetime Supporting Member
quick question ...

I have a new customer who wants to do some trending while developing and debugging a new process ... the data from four or five pens needs to be logged to a simple database ... nothing fancy - Excel-type format would be fine ...

due to "issues" encountered by other teams at his employer's operation, he would rather stay away from anything which starts out "FactoryTalk View" ...

I've got an old (OLD) copy of RSTrend that I've used for years - but this guy needs to buy a legal licensed copy of something that will do the same simple task ...

I can't find RSTrend listed as an available product anywhere in Allen-Bradley Land - or on my ToolKit Revs package ... do they still make it? ...

or ...

is something available (even something named "FactoryTalk View whatever") that acts like a stand-alone trending package? ...

note I'm pretty sure (99%) that RSTrendX (notice the X) is not what he needs ...

thank you for your attention ...

rstrend.jpg

Last edited:
Pico logger

If it's for debugging and startup, PICO logger is a stand alone unit and it will do 8 or 16 points, graph to screen and file, output to excel and is less than $500. And after they are done it makes a great troubleshooting tool very fast updates .

thank you all for the suggestions ... I'll pass these along to the customer ...

this is a "government connected" job - so it's hard to tell what they'll be able to get approved ... I was hoping that there was a simple "FactoryTalk-something-or-other" that would just do the same thing as the old thing ...

thanks again ...