suggestions for another forum - which I can't seem to figure out anymore ...

Ron Beaufort

Lifetime Supporting Member
see if the figures below help ...

Didn't see any dipswitches on the OFE and the IFE.

I didn't say "dipswitches" - the settings in the IFE are made with jumpers ... you have to take the 1771-IFE module apart to see them ...

The 1771-IFE is set for differential as that is how the AOs are wired to the AIs (i.e. 2 OFEs for every IFE).

even if you have the Setup Screen (shown below) set up for Differential, the jumpers INSIDE the 1771-IFE input module must be set up correctly too ... if not, your data won't be correct ...

ife_ofe_setup.jpg

Last edited:
Ron
At the risk of a dumb question
Is this a reply statement to posted question on another board or are you asking a question.
To answer the question of the post Yes you still need to set the jumper in the module
1 set of jumpers for each channel. you will have to download the manual.

Greetings GaryS ...

no, Mickey got it right ... I was just answering a question for someone on another forum ... I only had a few minutes in between projects - but I had made the screen shot - and typed up an answer in Microsoft Word (as I often do) - but then I couldn't seem to get the material posted ...

my main problem over there is that my tired old eyes can't really see most of the wishy-washy pastel color combinations used on that other forum ... plus it seems like the browser that I use doesn't work there the way that it did before they "new and improved" the forum ...

anyway, thanks to Mickey - and sorry for the confusion ...