what may be the problem

• driver problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • port problem

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mmmondal

a.we have used a PLC(micrologix 1500 controller) operated in vehicle our company. now we purchased RSlogix 500 & installed it in a pc,there is only a 8 pin port, in PLC to communicate.so u buy a 8 pin to rs232(female) cable & we r also using a intermediate rs232(male) to USB cable for PLC to PC communication but the PLC does not communicate to the PC & its give a notification that the node is not a PLC/SLC controller.
can anyone suggest a way to communicate with pc and the driver to be used.
Kindly guide & help ....

The proper cable is a 1761-CBL-PM02 ( a null-modem cable)
Not all USB to serial adapters work. Make sure you know what comm port number the USB to serial adapter took ( check device manager for this)

See helpful how-to's

http://www.mrplc.com/kb/How-to-Conn...ey-Micrologix-1500-using-RS-232-(DF1)_65.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIu1AGUR4N8

The port on your ML1500 can be setup for DF1 (default) protocol, DH485,Modbus or ASCII protocol. If you have the offline file you can check this.

You can toggle the DCOMM button to set the comm port to its default protocol DF1, see pdf for more info on this.

Last edited:
7pm here...up all day and you still beat me :p

You could have had a three course meal and I still wouldn't have finished yet, I'll never learn.