I have seen in some Waste Water Treatment Plants A sort of
PLC that used an ARM processor I think. I also think
Siemens bought this company up a while back
The controller had the name Filler in it, but I can not remember
the first part of the name
Any one know the product
Thanks

U.S. Filter...

I think you are referring to U.S. Filter?

I've done a few wastewater treatment plants in my time but I've only come across U.S. Filter's equipment a couple of times.

MBR Technologies is a company we used to contract to for their effluent treatment plant installs involving Siemens developed bioreactor and reverse osmosis systems.

Have a read of this for a little info on the Siemens angle...

why-siemens-is-selling-its-water

And here is U.S. Filter's website...

U.S. Filter Corporation

I don't think I've ever seen a PLC with their badge on it though?

Regards,
George

Milltronics added some I/O to their 2 channel ultrasonic level controller and touted it as a lift station controller.

It was the ERS-500 EnviroRanger controller.

Siemens bought Milltronics and it probably survived for a couple years after the purchase.

The plastic enclosure was wall mount; 6 screws fastened the NEMA 4 hinged door, but it was NOT a rack based PLC - just boards inside the box.

Enviro_Ranger.jpg

Definitely won't be Filtec, they subby out all their control stuff and they're certainly not in the PLC market!

I suggest the OP contacts the plant where he saw this gear, I'm sure they can help him

danw said:
Milltronics added some I/O to their 2 channel ultrasonic level controller and touted it as a lift station controller.

It was the ERS-500 EnviroRanger controller.

Siemens bought Milltronics and it probably survived for a couple years after the purchase.

The plastic enclosure was wall mount; 6 screws fastened the NEMA 4 hinged door, but it was NOT a rack based PLC - just boards inside the box.

Dan,

I worked with a few Milltronics units, including that ERS-500 model, but we did mostly the basic ultrasonic level controllers - "HydroRanger". I must say, they were excellent at their job. I would have had a few pictures of installs at my old company but I don't have access to them any more.

asterof said:
...Siemens bought this company up a while back...The controller had the name Filler in it, but I can not remember the first part of the name...

My guess is based on asterof's recollection above...

Siemens bought out U.S. Filter in 2004.

"Filler" is close to "Filter" so it could be that they are just not remembering that part correctly?

The preceding "U.S." would qualify as a possible "first part of the name".

U.S. Filter is the closest I can think of, within the Water Treatment industry, to meet the above criteria. But that is just based on my experience.

As I said, I don't ever remember having seen that name on a "PLC controller" of any sort.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
The units I worked with from U.S. Filter were Water Filter systems mostly, which had a specific controller in a plastic box. I would not have described it as a PLC though. I know they did other specialized systems, like chemical pumping and flow control. We used MAG Flow meters from Siemens mostly for that.

Here's one unit I found on eBay from U.S. Filter that could possibly be described as a PLC brick type controller?...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USFilter-Is...155382?hash=item43da5a3b76:g:vAYAAOSwBahVI~F6

G.

I previously worked for a USFilter rep. They had developed (over the years) several custom control platforms, from bare PCBs to enclosed models with a keypad and two-line text display. Right before Siemens bought them, they were switching over to private labelling an off-the-shelf controller and moving away from their proprietary platforms. When I changed jobs, they were beginning to farm out installation/support for the private labelled controllers to their reps, and were focusing their in-house engineering on large projects using Siemens hardware.

Yes it was US Filter and the PLC was a ILK-LC3000-1410

Yep, that's the private labelled controller, Intralink LC3000. Logic is written in ISAGraf. You need USFilter's software package to configure the controller and compile/upload/download programs, assuming whoever bought the Intralink stuff from Siemens Water Technologies still supports it.