Wonderware archestra quickscript problem

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi ! im having some trouble with the following code..

------------------------------------------------------------------------
dim sr as System.IO.StreamReader;
dim readtag as string;
dim line as string;
dim line2 as string;
System.IO.File.Delete("C:\Recipe2.txt");
System.IO.File.Copy("C:\Users\joaco\Documents\workorders\Recipe.txt","C:\Recipe2.txt");

sr = System.IO.File.OpenText("C:\Recipe2.txt");
line = "";
ListBox1.Clear();
while line <> null
line=sr.ReadLine();
line=Stringmid(line,2,20);

if line.Equals("") then
else
ListBox1.AddItem(line);
endif;
endwhile;
sr.Close();
------------------------------------------------------------------------

this script is in a button, each time is pressed i want the file recipe2 to be deleted and be copied again from recipe1.

First time i press the button it works fine.. and the file is created and I see the values in the listbox.

But when I press again, the file doesnt get deleted because it says is being use by window viewr.... dont undestand why.. because at the end of the script i put the command sr.close() so the file shouldnt be in use anymore..

any ideas ??

thanks !!

It seems to me that the while line <> null is where it would be hanging. When would it be set back to null? I always like to add logging to see where in the code I am getting. Try adding logmessage("something useful"); right before the sr.close() to see if it ever makes it to that line. Check the systemanagment console logging to view the message. If you don't see it then its not getting there.

Hi scott, you are right!
I never get out of the while, do you find any other way of doing this?
I want to read from first line to the last one before an empty line..

Supose the txt is the following

Line1-testt1
Line2-hello
Line3-test2
Line4-empty
-
-
-
Line n - empty

I just want to read the first threee lines

If you actually have lines that exist in the file that have nothing in them except a CR/LF then I would suggest that you use the line.equals("") to exit your loop.

But, if you're looking to process the file until the end of file, something like this to examine if you've reached EOF:
while ( sr->Peek() >= 0 )
{
Console::WriteLine( sr->ReadLine() );
}
see this as a reference:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...spx?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=cpp#code-snippet-2