PLC5 I/O configuration

ddsiller

Hi,

I am using a PLC5 and a Powerflex 700 and a personal computer with the Rslogix 5.
I am running my PLC5 and my intention with my project is to have a basic control over the Powerflex 700 trough RIO (Remote I/O). The powerflex 700 has an adapter 20-COMM-R and I am running my PLC5 in Scanner Mode. I am not very sure about the configuration but the PLC5 is communicating to my Poweflex, I can tell that by that Status Indicators and I can see the Input Status turning on and off (1 or 0). I just want to start the drive and stop the drive.

1. Do I have to run my PLC 5 in adapter mode to control the Powerflex?

2. How do I configure I/O and the Channel Configuration on the RsLogix?

3. How do I send the signal to my Powerflex to start and stop the drive?