Fanuc Safety over Ethernet to Controllogix L61S Issue

DavidMichael

Hi guys,
I am trying to setup safety over Ethernet between a Fanuc R30iA controller and a 1756-L61S with LSP.
For some reason I am unable to reset ownership and set the SNN through the Generic Safety Card I have added to the project. I am also receiving a Code 16#0022 – An invalid reply was received. Reply service code does not match the requested service code. (Photo attached). The settings were taken from the Fanuc manual re: adapter setup.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.🍺

The setup:
PLC Side:
Rack has 1756-L61S in slot 0 and LSP in slot 1. (Rev. 20)
Have a 1756-EN2T(192.168.1.2) in slot 2, some IO, and another 1756-EN2T (192.168.1.7) in slot 7.
They are each connected to an unmanaged Hirschmann 16 port RS20 switch.
The reason I have two EN2T’s is because Allen Bradley requires I create two network cards for the comm with the robot. One for safety and one for the general cyclic io. However, I can’t point those cards to the same IP from one of the EN2T’s. I believe there is a DNS workaround for this – but I couldn’t find the settings for the DNS server on the Robot. In my current setup the cyclic IO is functioning correctly. There are two more 1791ES IO cards connected to the switch and I was able to take ownership of them and they are functioning correctly.

The Robot:
DCS settings have been done. CIP is enabled, in/out set to 2 bytes.
Port 1 is where the safety is enabled and the IP is 192.168.1.41. Cyclic IO is functioning correctly.
The safety signature was setup to FIXED instead of ACTUAL. I was told that this would set the date of the robot to 1/1/2009 6:00:00 0 am GMT.
Since my controller is in EST I subtracted 5hrs and used 1:00:00 0 am along with the signature HEX for the TOTAL signature I recorded from the Fanuc.

IMG_6003.jpg IMG_6007.jpg

fixed.
Had to update the Fanuc software from 7.7 /10 to 7.7 /48

A few other things:
Have to set the signature date to fixed in the fanuc controller and then user 1/1/2009 as the date and 1:00:00:0 am as the time (Since controller is in eastern timezone)

Everything worked after i got that setup.

Thank you for your help. After see your post I could solve my problem. I had to change the safety signature date to actual and -5 hour less as zI am in London Ontario.