Compact Logix Ethernet

T Gibbs

I'm having issues with a compact logix on ethernet. This is my first go around with RS LOgix 5000 so I'm still learning. I have a L33-ER with 8 I/O cards in the rack. I then have 5 1734-AENT ethernet point I/O modues. I have set the thumbwheels on the AENT to 011-015. I set my controller IP to 192.168.1.10. It still won't communicate. Does AB require that I use their patch cables or will any straight through cable work? What am I missing?

After you set the thumbwheel switches did you cycle power to the AENT adapter modules?

The adapter reads the thumbwheel switches only when you cycle power to
determine if the switches are set to a valid number.

Regards,
George

After you set the IP address and can successfully ping them, you have to go into the properties tab in the I/O tree, switch to the "chassis size" tab and set the chassis size in the module.

Well done, but...

T Gibbs said:
...Why does AB have to make **** so complicated?

It's a pity they don't provide technical help on such matters?...

...Oh wait, they do?...

50474 - 1734 Point I/O Inputs and Outputs Do Not Respond
Access Level: Everyone

...and detailed manuals for diligent users to read up on?...

...Oh wait, they do?...

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1734-um011_-en-p.pdf

...Chapter 4 - Configure the Adapter for Direct Connection in RSLogix 5000 Software