EthernetIP to Modbus TCP

asterof

I need to read data from a device that has a Modbus TCP
Ethernet adapter module. I cint remember but can I just write
code in the CLX to read that data or do I need a conversion module EthernetIP to Modbus TCP
Thanks

The CLX (ControlLogix or CompactLogix?) doesn't have native Modbus abilities. You will need to add a Prosoft card to be able to get data via Modbus TCP/IP.

As an alternative you can add a Red Lion Data Station Plus or one of there HMI's and it will do the protocol conversion for you. You wont need a Prosoft card then.

Similar Topics

Hi There. I have PC to get few tags from PLC into C# windows forms application. What is the best and fastest way? I could not find Omron in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Modbus TCP/IP over ethernet network and want to connect a ABB robot to the network it talks EthernetIP. Is there a converter?
Replies
Views
Does anyone have any books or lessons they recommend to help someone dive deeper into these common protocols and how they work? I would like to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am experimenting with different devices & am battling the connection sizes. At present, have a 1734-AENT/C, 1xOB8 & 1xIB8 I have tried...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I'm sorry that this will have been asked a thousand times, but I cannot find the specific question to search for. I am looking for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom