Problem SLC Program

satish.manda

Unable to find the bits from the program where it coming from
B146:1/15 and B146:21/15

Can any one please help me in finding from where the bit is getting enabled from the problem.

Please find the attached program.

Thanks In Advance
Satish Kumar Manda

re-post with zip extension

@ Ron Beaufort,
Here attached is the file in .zip form. You can use WinRar, it will open his original posted file.

Actually none of the bits checked in B146: are set by the PLC, only checked.

Is there an HMI or digital controller connected that may be reporting to the PLC?

Ron, a .RAR file is a compressed file. I use 7-Zip to extract them. So his first post was a ZIP compression of a RAR compressed RSS file.

The processor used is SLC 5/04P CPU. Which was absolute. So we want to replace that with SLC 5/04

We noticed that when we are changing the processor it was not operating certain things.

I don't know why the problem happening.

When i checked in net i noticed that ERC function was available additionally with SLC 5/04P CPU . Which was not available in SLC 5/04 CPU.

Can any one explain me what was the function of that and how it will effect.

I searched through your program (& went through ALL 5/04's) & ERC is not a command, even for the 5/05. Is the ERC something like a servo controller, motion controller, etc card in the rack? If so then it will read & set bits & integers on it's own, and I don't see why it wouldn't be supported on an upgrade CPU.

Ladders 254 & 255 and bit file 146 lead me to think something else with it's own processor is communicating with the 5/04.

The 5/04P is not the same as a 5/04.
I think it was made for presses of some type (but not really sure). A 5/04 is not a replacement for the 5/04P. There may be a 5/05P, but I am not certain.

Mike, is the 5/04P programmed with RSLogix500 - as it doesn't list a ERC command for any of the processors in the SLC500 family.

Didn't know that existed. As stated by Mike, I don't think it's a direct replacement.

"SLC 5/04P contains ERC2 algorithms especially for Plastics Machinery Control."

Referencing Pro-Set 200 Documentation
The following table lists Pro-Set 200 documentation you should use
with the SLC 5/04P processor.

Pro-Set 200 Job Setting Guide 6500-6.9.4
Pro-Set 200 Design Manual 6500-6.2.3
Pro-Set 200 Data Table Reference Manual 6500-6.4.4

Aabeck, the 5/04P (and the 5/05P) are programmed with RSLogix 500. They are SLC processors, however they are different and as I said I do not believe 5/04 is a direct replacement for a 5/04P. As Bob wrote, tt looks like they were used in plastic molding.

Perhaps there is someone out their with direct experience with the processor? I have seen them, but have not worked with one.

hi everyone,

Is there any other way to find out the coding written in the ERC2 algorith???..Because if we are trying to replace slc5/04p with slc5/04, then we need to also write the respective ladder logic in rslogix500 which can replace the embedded hardware ERC2 algorithm..????

Found four (as of this writing) 1747-L542P processors on ebay, some NIB. May be worth a look.

Last edited: