Comms with Pilz PNOZ Multi M1P Eth from AB L72 PLC

dehic

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a project where I have to set up ethernet comms with a Pilz PNOZ Multi M1P Eth from AB L72 PLC.

I have it configured in my hardware profile as a generic ethernet module. I've assigned an IP and I can ping it.

I'm getting a timeout error (16#0204) which I'm assuming is because I don't have my connection parameters set up correctly. Very little about this in the PILZ manuals.

Has anyone set this up before and if so what connection parameters did you use?

Any help appreciated. many thanks!

Data exchange
Twenty bytes always must be sent and
received for communication with the
PNOZmulti.
• Ethernet IP
With the assembly object (class 04h), the
input/output data from the PNOZmulti can
be queried.
- Data from the PNOZmulti are requested
with instance 64h.
- Instance 96h writes the data of the
Ethernet IP scanner to the PNOZmulti.
from https://www.pilz.com/download/open/PNOZ_mc8p_Operat_Man_21254-6NL-04.pdf

and if you are using expanded outputs open up the web interface of the mc8p and select table 9 as an option.
Read from page 13
https://www.pilz.com/download/open/PNOZmulti_Com_Interface_Op_Man_1001154-EN-13.pdf

HJTRBO,

Excellent. Didn't realise we needed this module. We have it on order now so this should sort our problem.

Thanks a mill

No problems. We installed ours over a year ago now. We had expansion IO as well. I am pleased to report that the system and interaction with the AB CLX has been flawless.

Example for CompaqLogix

Do you guys have any example with Compaq Logix PNOZ m0p Eth?
I have been looking many hours in internet but nothing found