Factorytalk Node/Computer name?

ScottAgropur

The following is my platform:

- Factorytalk View SE Local 8.0
- Same App run on 2 different computers
- Would like to only manage 1 app

The following is what I would like to do, can this be done?

- If app is running on X computer, get node/computer name (X) and use as a permissive to allow certain things. i.e. display allowed to open, turn on bit, etc.

TIA

Scott

I believe you can use VBA code to accomplish this, either by computer name or IP address. I'm not well versed in VBA but possibly checking the help file in FTView SE Studio could point you in the right direction.

FYI:
Don't use the computer name to enable or disable functionality.
Use a "FileExists" type method instead. Much more flexible.

I just have a blank "ReportsOn.txt" file that I stuff on a computer that should print reports. If the file isn't there, then it doesn't print.

FYI:
Don't use the computer name to enable or disable functionality.
Use a "FileExists" type method instead. Much more flexible.

I just have a blank "ReportsOn.txt" file that I stuff on a computer that should print reports. If the file isn't there, then it doesn't print.

This works awesome and is so simple. Thanks rdrast!