iFix 5.8 still have dongles

Yes. I have ver 5.5 dongles & was told by Tech Supp they were compatible with ver's from 5.0 up to 5.5, but not 5.8. They also said the ver 5.5 dongle MAY work with ver 4.5, but they weren't positive.

Yes you will need to get new licence files sent to you. Then there is a utility to update the key. I forget what it's called but support can help you out.

We've moved to Advantage licencing now which eliminates the need for a key

Why the key ?

here is why we use the key

Licensing in on the machine
At 2 am in a remote location the machine dies
Production Dies
Cant contact support to get License fixed
No production

With key

Licensing in on the key
At 2 am in a remote location the machine dies
Production Dies
Production pulls out backup machine
Plugs in key
Production back up and running

And when the dongle dies? Or someone thinks it's a USB key and walks off with it?

I have had both happen. No method is infallible.

The only licencing i really like it's Intouch's. Soft licence file. Yeah you could just copy it and run more copies than you have purchased, but hopefully all of us are professionals who don't steal

I find my most frequent failures these days are power supplies and hard disks. I use RAID arrays so a single disk failure isn't an issue and doesn't affect the licencing. Power supplies, no problem.