FactoryTalk Multistate Indicator

cirtcele

I'm converting a pva program to a mer in FactoryTalk View Studio ran into a addressing question.The multistate indicator in FT only gives me the option of value or LSB whereas panelbuilder allows you to select bit. I have the training software and the user guide but i must be missing something. I tried converting the pba to a mer but you would need a microscope to read the alarm banner when loaded in the panelview plus 600 so i decided to do it from scratch since i really need to learn the FT software and get away from PB.

You can use an expression to change values/states based on your bits.

If bit.1 then 1 else
If bit.2 then 2 else
If bit.3 then 3 else 0

The expression is solved from top to bottom. Meaning that if bit.1 and bit.2 were both true then the Multistate Indicator would show State 1 because it is the first expression that is true. Just something to keep in mind if you need to have priority for what is displayed.

If your address is a bit then there can be only two values 0 and 1. The State tab is where the value for each state is entered. They default to the State # but can be changed if needed. Enter the address on the connection tab, set up the states to display information and that should be all you need.
note:
If your address is a INT value then set the correct values for state 0 and 1 under the state tab.

Last edited:
Ok so i will leave trigger type set to value and when the assigned bit is a 1 that message is displayed and when its a 0 the message assigned to that value will be displayed?