PanelView PLus Alarms and JPG files

wa5yom

Two questions.
I have developed 2 PanelView applications.
One is a Model 700 and the other is a Model 400, both on Ethernet to a SLC 5/05.

The alarms are working fine on the 700, so I exported the Alarm file and then imported the same file to the Model 400.
The Alarms do not appear to work on the Model 400.
What gives?

Also, I want to import a "wallpaper" to the PanelViews, but the help asection leaves a bit to be desired. How do I unstall a graphic, jpg file as wallpaper?

Thanks,

Tim

So, here I am answering one of my own questions.
I figured why the alarm screen didn't work.
The X, Y position was incorrect.
I suspected this once before and though that by moving the window over the main display window, would position the alarm screen appropriately, but it didn't.
I set the X and Y to 0 and now all is ok.
Now I just need the graphic issued resolved.

Thanks,

I think graphics need to be BMP files, 256 color.

You can have the PLC control screen changes, to bring up the alarm screen(s). There is a screen control word in the panelview.

AK

akreel said:
I think graphics need to be BMP files, 256 color.

You can have the PLC control screen changes, to bring up the alarm screen(s). There is a screen control word in the panelview.

AK

true.. I've imported graphics as well, and they needed to be in the bmp format.

(there are some Steelers fans out there).. LOL... :)

I believe you can insert .jpg files...PV+ screen is 18 bit as well so you aren't limited to 256 colors.
Not sure if it's true anymore but .bmp is preferred over .jpg .... something with the .jpg compression that the PV+ can't handle very well...this could be fixed in the new release of RSView ME

To make it a 'wallpaper' you have to insert it onto your screen and right click.....I think there will be a properties or something you can click and in there, there will be an option to 'convert to wallpaper' I think. I haven't worked on RSView ME for a couple months and I don't have a laptop available to check so that may not be exact.
Also I've only worked on the 700 not the 400.

Just to throw something else in about the JPG / BMP, I have programmed panelmates (cutler hammer) before and was limited to bitmaps, really sucks, and their update-refresh rate and method was terrible, but I am pretty sure jpgs are allowed on panelviews, panelview + for sure. JPG is definately the way to go, just look at the file size difference from the same pic in BMP to JPG. I used JPG files generated in solidworks to animate press operation on a recent project I did, I origionally programmed it with BMP's but the update rate and the file size were terrible. I converted the files to JPG and it solved the update problem and greatly reduced the file size. As a note also, using Pview + be carefull how many jpg's you layer on a screen, if the file size gets to large it will cause it to freeze up when calling up that display, and can take a long time to load and become functional.