1734 AENT series A /series B

stu

Hi guys
I have a issue I have a 1734 AENT series A on the machine and the one in the stores is a series B which in rslogix 5000 I can't change the program to series B as it's not in the list , and I have heard that there is a download in tech support but I can't find it any ideas

1769 L32E COMPACTLOGIX , I heard that there is a file that you download and it let's u change from A-B in the program

The file you are talking called Add-On Profile.
You don't really need it.

But you must have Compactlogix controller Firmware 17.03 or higher to be able to control series B module

If firmware is 17.03 or higher (must check online) then series B module will work without any changes assuming that series A is set for "Compatible Key"

If you are getting an error, then post error code details.

Hi

Why not disable the keying
I would do this all the time until I get the system working
And then change it as it rules out some items until it is working

Donnchadh

Because with disabled key controller sends connection request with limited functionality only and some features may not be available or with unpredictable results.
See TN 64318 for details.
With Disabled Keying, I/O communication may occur with a module other than the type specified in the I/O Configuration tree with unpredictable results. We generally do not recommend
using Disabled Keying. If you use Disabled Keying, you must take full responsibility for understanding whether the module being used can fulfill the functional requirements of the
application.
ATTENTION Be extremely cautious when using Disabled Keying; if used incorrectly, this option can lead to personal injury or death, property damage, or economic loss.
Compatible key should be used in all cases where I/O has equal or higher revision.
Exact match usually used in validated industries.
Disable Key should be only used if replacement module is older that one that was currently used.