Program problems

Eroc21

Hello everyone,

I am writing logic for my Christmas lights. None of my outputs are turning on can anyone give me some advice. I tried to upload a picture if it.šŸ™ƒ

1448667031047465427046.jpg

There is a Christmas light program in the down load section in the allen barley file if that helps you.

Neither of the inputs to copy data into the N7:0-9 data file area are true, so whatever was last copied into that data file is what's going to be moved into your Outputs. If that's all zeroes, then you won't see any outputs.

If you don't have anything wired to those inputs, you could Force them, or you could just manually go poke 1's and 0's into the N7:0 through N7:9 data words using the Data Table Monitor function.

And, of course, be sure that your controller is in RUN mode !

Is this a MicroLogix 1500 controller ?

I noticed that the SQO and the Inputs are both addressed to Slot 0, which is correct in the MicroLogix because the embedded I/O starts at Slot 0 for both Inputs and Outputs.

While there are a few SLC-500 1746 family combination modules, they are much less common than the ordinary 16-point Input and 16-point Output modules.

Zip the .RSS file and attach it to a post here in the thread. If you would like, print it to a PDF file and attach that.

It works as expected in the RSLogix micro starter. Bump up the preset on T4:0 to make it easier to see the outputs changing in the data table.

In RSLogix, on the left side project folder, under the 'data files' folder, double click on N7. This will open a box which displays the values in N7. You should see N7:0, N7:10, and N7:20 in rows. Place numeric values in N7:10-19 and or N7:20-29. It will help to change the displayed radix to hex/bcd to visualize what will happen at the outputs for a particular entered value.

found program

I found a program on this site under downloads, but can't download it to the PLC because of the driver is AB_DF1-1 and my driver is AB_ETH-1. Is there a way to make these 2 compatible?

Last edited: