plc program problem

shkoko2000

Hi all,
please can anyone help me to modify the program at the link below as this program is for compressor,separator and surge vessel.the compressor start purge then activate starter motor(FY-6001) then activate main fuel (FY-6002) then ignition (xsy-6001).so we need to know what the difference in time at the three steps and i need the fuel valve to close also if the speed reaches 80 or under this value.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z3aa1mm1b9myyiz/wasco_21_11_2015.ACD

I tried your download link & all I got was a pop-up saying my media player was outdated & to download their virus/spyware/**** program.

It took a few tries, but I was finally able to download your file. Now RS5K won't start on my home computer due to a Factory Talk server problem. Will look at it tomorrow in the office.

First, if the purge is for the burn chamber, the normal minimum purge time allowed is 5 minutes, and depending on the size of the unit (cubic feet) and the CFM of the compressor I have seen units listed at up to 25 minutes purge time.

After that activate the starter motor, probably wait only 3 to 5 seconds for it to ramp up & activate fuel. I would start the ignition immediately, or maybe 1/2 second BEFORE, activating the fuel.

Does the ignition need to be kept on at all times (oil burner) or only to light the flame (natural gas burner) - if gas it should be on only 2 or 3 seconds and there should be some type of flame monitor (probe grounded by flame, temp switch, or visual check) and if no flame by then shut off the fuel and the ignition, setting an alarm/warning & maybe after another purge trying to restart.

For shutting the fuel down if the speed reaches under 80, in your Velocity Calculations ladder, set a bit if the speed is GEQ 80 & put XIC this bit on the line for the fuel enable.

Also, get in the habit of adding rung comments to every line or section of code, even the writer of the program going back into it in a couple of years (or months or weeks when you get near my age) you don't remember what you were doing or why. I try to add as many comments as I can think of, and I write detailed descriptions for each element.

Another item: When you want to transfer a file for download try WeTransfer.com. https://www.wetransfer.com/ They don't put pop-ups trying to force people to download their software through deception (like saying your media player is outdated & you have to download their updated one).

Last edited: