MODBUS Data

Abdul03

Hi Friends,

I have a MODBUS device which is responsible to carry data to one of the SCADA system. The problem what I have is, when the data received by the SCADA it gets round up to the nearest value. Say for example, if the actual value is 5.8 it shows as 6 in the SCADA. I have checked this using modscan as well and the result is same.

I hope somebody might able to help me out, what could be the actual reason for this and what parameters I am missing to configure.

Please suggest.

Some rounding will always happen, however this can normally be controlled, usually at the SCADA end, you have neglected to tell us what that system is though.

It's SIEMENS WinCC SCADA. Can u please tell me how can I able to control this at the SCADA end.

Much appreciated !

I'm afraid i cant as i dont use that platofrm, which is why i asked in the first place.

But you could start by checking data types and scaling at both ends.

It's SIEMENS WinCC SCADA. Can u please tell me how can I able to control this at the SCADA end.

Much appreciated !

At the IO field, make sure that the formatting allows for decimals. That's the most common place I see this rounding.