Abb

snorky

We have an ABB PLC on our baler. The numbers on the side are :
07 KR 264 ABB
GJV3 0724 03 R1
Can anyone tell me what software I need to program it ?
:unsure:
Snorky

Last edited:
First off I will state this from experience, you wont like dealing with ABB. If you need the software for it then buy another brand starter kit and replace it....ie Siemens, AB, GE etc. Mostly balers aren't that complicated nor need that many I/O.

For info on ABB you can go here<
They have 2 types (Proconti CS31 and Advanced Controller Ac31 and the software is dependent on type as far as I know, I have 07 KR 91, 92 and 93 which uses 97PC331..and its dos

BTW I can not seem to find a 264 model, wish you luck with this tho. I guess you can tell I do not favor ABB at all. Wait till you look at the prices for their hardware/software...they make all the others look great.

snorky said:
We have an ABB PLC on our baler. The numbers on the side are :
07 KR 264 ABB
GJV3 0724 03 R1
Can anyone tell me what software I need to program it ?
:unsure:
Snorky

DEAR SIR
WE HAVE A ABB PLC MODEL 07 KR 264 AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY SOFTWARE TO PROGRAM THIS PLC AND
ALSO WE DON'T HAVE THE COMMUNICATION CABLE (PLC<->PC) IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION IT WILL BE
APPRECIATED.
BEST REGARDS
Alexander G.
mailto: [email protected]

Snorky, since you are in Europe, you can expect much better ABB PLC support than in the US. In fact, except for ABB's Industrial Automation Group, there is no official PLC support in the US. It must come out of Italy, I believe.

In your case, contact your regional ABB Industrial Automation Headquarters and ask for help. It should be readily available in your area.

I do not have phone numbers for ABB's European operations. Sorry.

As for the difficulties in dealing with ABB PLC's in the US, the vast majority of ABB PLC's are buried in equipment sent to the US from offshore suppliers. These suppliers have made a conscious choice to place these units in territories where ABB has been very public about not supporting them. Generally, they do that so all service-related questions and problems (read that, revenues!) come back to the OEM. While I suppose I'm prejudiced a bit about ABB, it seems to me that the cursing should be directed at the OEM's who have stuck their customers with unsupported components. It's the same situation with some of the imported gearboxes, brakes, etc. etc. that show up here with absolutely no support.

My experience with ABB is that their support is excellent on products and in territories where they claim to have support and actively sell their products.