GE A&C has released Proficy ME 9.00

RussB

Lifetime Supporting Member
For those with a new "Advantage License" & GlobalCare, Solution Provider Program or OEM Agreement, Proficy ME 9.00 is now available for download.
biggrin.gif

Keep in mind that this has a new GUI so will likely be a bit of a "Learning Curve" for those who have been using Proficy ME for a while.
frown.gif
eek.gif

Take your time, learn the new GUI and lets "HOPE" that this version proves to be trouble free and mostly error free.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Just Have Fun with it.
cool.gif

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

This is what the IPI says in 'What's New'

A direct copy-n-paste then reformat from the IPI on the install DVD.
New since version 8.60 (with no SIMs).
· UDT Export to PLCOpen XML and Toolchest Import of Custom Structures
· Optional Titles on Navigator Tabs
· Generate Project Preview
· Property Inspector displayed without a project open
· Feedback Zone Improvements
· User Interface Changes

UDT Export to PLCOpen XML and Toolchest Import of Custom Structures

(8.60 SIM 1)
UDT "Export to File" now allows selecting an additional output format as PLCOpen XML. This XML format can then be used with a new Toolchest function "Import as Custom Structure" that creates a Custom Structure matching the UDT structure.
Note that the order of variables in the custom structure are not internally organized in the same byte order that the UDT defined.

Optional Titles on Navigator Tabs
You can now right-click on the tabs in the Navigator tool and choose whether to show the title text or not. Alternatively, you can also specify Navigator tool options in the Options tab under Tools, then Navigator.

Generate Project Preview
A right-click menu item has been added to the My Computer node in the project workspace that will generate the Project Preview for every project that does not already have one. The Project Preview allows you to view some properties of a project before opening it. The Project Previews are generated the first time you run after install.

Property Inspector displayed without a project open
The Property Inspector is now displayed on the right side of the screen when no project is open. This allows you to easily see the properties of a projet that is not open.

Feedback Zone Improvements
New color options for errors, warnings and links can be set on the Options tab under Tools and then Feedback Zone. The colors make it easier to spot errors, warnings, and entries that you can double click on to trigger an action.

User Interface Changes
· A number of changes have been made to the user interface:
· Toolbars and menus have been replaced with ribbon bars.
· Many new visual styles have been added.
· Utilities have been moved from the Navigator to a new ribbon bar.
· Layout themes have been removed since they no longer apply.
· New startup splash screens.
· File menu has been completely redesigned.
· About box has been moved to App pane on file menu.

What the "Ribbon" looks like.

Here is a document with what the "Ribbons" look like. I plan to use this for my customers to assist them in the 'Learning Curve"

Interesting...seems like almost all changes are to the interface.
Can't wait to see the "New startup splash screens".
I am sure they will make programming so much easier.

Interesting...seems like almost all changes are to the interface.
Can't wait to see the "New startup splash screens".
I am sure they will make programming so much easier.
I was not impressed with any of it, especially the fact that it takes l-o-n-g-e-r now to open a project. :(

GE Marketing obviously is not very proud of it either as I have not seen anything anywhere about it yet. 🙃

I needed to "REFRESH" my license also for it to use 9.0

New Splash and Icon... :eek: They still call the DVD a CD too?

Splash.jpg

Last edited:
They will have to do a little better for me to convert.
I have 10+ customers that have 8.5 installed on their equipment....for me use during remote troubleshooting.
When I upgrade, they will have to also.

I know it would be dangerous, but it would be nice to direct connect to the PLC through the web, so the logic stays on my end.